View Single Post
Old 10-01-2021, 11:55 AM

Default Re: Promo for perpetual license holders

Quote:
Originally Posted by alberti1 View Post
I kind of agree with spinsong. Avid could release a completely new Pro Tools that is not compatible with any of the unused renewals or not yet active perpetual licenses. One that would be subscription only and would be the only version getting new features and updates. Yeah, you could activate your perpenual Ultimate license you’ve been saving 3 years from now, but it would only activate the old version not the new one. They could call it Pro Tools V Edition. The V stands for the small container of Vaseline that it comes with for when the pain is too much from being screwed in the

God, I hope I’m wrong. Vaseline gives me a rash.
Well anything is possible, but I would think it would not really make good business sense (just from a potential annual revenue standpoint) to cripple unused reinstatement of perpetuals , or un activated perpetuals. When potentially many of those people would then continue to renew the perpetual every year....

As I noted on another forum. As it stands currently Avid has the best of both the perpetual and subscription worlds::
#1 they have people renewing their current perpetuals every year.............................
#2 they have people renewing their subscriptions every year or every month .............
AND this promo gets people with expired perpetuals into yearly subscription.

Seems like from Avid's perspective it's a win, win, win ..........................................
Not sure why they would decide to upset that potential revenue stream apple cart ????

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 10-01-2021 at 12:08 PM.