View Single Post
Old 07-18-2021, 12:58 AM

Default Re: Memory error question for those TDM users running 10.3.8 on Mavericks 10.95

Quote:
Originally Posted by anodecathode View Post
Thanks groovebrother!
Very strange that having the native card in your chassis would cause that error.
I tried using the prefs cleaner with no luck.. I also zapped PRAM, repaired permissions reset NVRAM and no luck. Only fix for me was replacing the last 2 ram slots with 4GB sticks and leaving all of the others 16GB. So far so good.. Have had one Kernel Panic but it seems to have been a fluke.
I’ll keep you posted if I found out anything else about this error.
Scott
well in fact the HDN card is in the mac not the chassis.
In order i have video, HDN, Sonnet card, Magma card.

Have you tried a clean install ? (boring but often efficient)

Watch out that all your Ram is from the same company, that often causes issues if not.
In some cases restarting the mac with original ram only might solve the problem.
Before that : install applejack, launch pro tools prefs cleaner and select all options (just make sure all your HDD where the audio is, are online), shut down the mac, look out if there isn't too much dust in it, pull off all pci cards + clean the dust, pull off all usb connectors, reseting SMC, restart & after 1st gong press ALT + CMD + P + R till you hear 4 more gongs.
Once on your desktop, empty the trash, shut down the mac, add all additional ram, pci cards, usb, restart and launch applejack (CMD+S after 1st gong).
When maintenance has completed hit "R" for restart, launch pro tools and see what happends.

If none of this works, i would go for a clean install. Especially if all worked fine before you started having ram issues. But again if your ram isn't from the same brand you may have issues again.

The app applejack has a memory test fonction so you may want to check if your ram is all good. (i have done if long ago and it's a very long test).
If you install applejack : before entering your password you can personnalize installation by selecting the memory test program

This app is way more efficient than any osx disk utility including the apple's disk utility to repair permissions and much more. Be aware once you have started the mac with CMD + S your keyboard will be QERTY
Mac Pro 2x 2.66GHz 6-Core / 96 Go Ram / PE6R4-i - HD Native - Tempo Sata Pro 6Gb - PTHD : 10 / 11 /12 / Ultimate till 2022.5 - 192 i/o Digidesign - MTPAV - OSX : 10.4 / 10.5 / 10.6.8 / 10.8.5 / 10.9.5 / 10.11.6 / 10.13.6 / 10.14.6 - PowerMac G4 MDD / Pro Tools HD 5.3 / 6 / 7.4x / 8

Last edited by groovebrother; 07-18-2021 at 01:58 AM.