View Single Post
Old 01-13-2004, 03:07 PM

Default Re: OWC 1.2 upgrade ok but thinking of returning i

Hmmm... not exactly sure what your issue might be-- there are a couple of possibilities-- I'd search around the DUC regarding possible SCSI issues with OSX. Is the SCSI card PT compatible?

If you pull the cards out, you can always put them back in if their not the prob. At least you can narrow down the issue possibly. With the amount of stuff you have packed into that machine, I'd be most concerned about overheating issues with the dual upgrade (even though it has it's own fan) and the stock fans-- there's a lot of stuff to cool there.

On the video note, it's *always* better to run your graphics cards out of the AGP slot -- not PCI-- you'll get far better performance. I have a Radeon 9000 Pro which supposedly supports running 2 monitors off the same card-- I have yet to try it, however I know there are others on this board that do. You may have the non-AGP, PCI graphics version though, in which case, you have no choice (though I'm pretty sure only the 350's were PCI graphics).

Another thing to note, though the AGP video cards support the Apple Studio LCD's-- older macs (such as the sawtooth models *DO NOT*. The AGP slot where the card plugs in to draw power to power the LCD's does not exist in older models. You can hook up other LCD displays though. The PCI version might be different.
---
c