View Single Post
Old 01-31-2021, 04:10 PM

Default Re: Value of "Used" Ultimate License?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarabozo View Post
I wouldn't pay more than $300, as I would have to pay $1,000 on my end to get back into the support plan and I can find current/new licenses for $1,300 on eBay.

In any case, that's if I were determined to get a perpetual license, which is hard to see as a good option these days. This is why:

I buy my Pro Tools Ultimate subscription during Black Friday. So far, Avid has offered a 20% discount during those days. So I get it for exactly $63.99 per month. I not only get Pro Tools, but also a huge plugin bundle from Avid/AiR and a license for HEAT.

It would take me almost 2 years of paying that subscription to have paid a similar amount as the cost of the perpetual license on discount, without the plugins, without HEAT, and, most importantly, I would have to additionaly pay for the support plan again every year.

I hate having to be on the subscription plan. But I can't longer see any advantage on having a perpetual license. Unless I was planning on never updating it again.
That's complete nonsense. You can still find reinstatements around €600. A new license is around €2500.