View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 11:53 AM

Default Re: Urgent PT8 LE installation problem. Help!

Fast Track Pro is a very decent interface. I've been using one for three years. It has S/PDIF. And with other DAWs it supports the M-Audio ASIO Driver. I wonder if PT MP9 does as well? It should, because ASIO4ALL sucks in comparison. I think it's a great little interface for a home studio where you're just recording yourself or people one at a time. Typicaly I run vocals through the front (via a Presonus Studio Channel) and my POD HD via S/PDIF which gives me 4 inputs and it's fine. You are limited to the 44.1 kHz Nyquist Freq when you run both with this interface, but you can still record 24 bit and that's more important.

Remember this regarding drivers -- if it ain't broke, don't fix it. You'll always get prompted to update your drivers to the latest ones when PT has an update. Not necessarily a good idea. Try the old ones first, and if they work you're golden. If they don't work, then update.

Also I would pick up a 9 volt adapter and power the interface that way instead of using USB power. Why? I can just say I've had no clicks or pops since I went over to that. Or if you must use USB power, add a USB card to your PC if you've got a ton of crap running off your USB like I do (HD, MIDI Keyboard, Faderport, Lexicon MX300, Fast Track Pro, you get the picture).

Mainboard: DFI Inc. INF P35-R
BIOS : Phx Tech, LTD 6.00 PG 03/11/2008
Bus(es) : ISA X-Bus PCI PCIe IMB USB i2c/SMBus
MP APIC : Y
Tot Mem : 3.25GB DIMM DDR2 (WinXP)

Chipset: Intel P35/G33/G31 Proc
Front Side Bus Spd : 4x 266MHz
Mem Bus Spd : 2x 399MHz

(C:) : (250GB, SATA, 8MB Cache)
(D:) : (250GB, SATA, 8MB Cache)