View Single Post
Old 11-22-2021, 09:14 AM

Default Re: MIDI Controllers Showing Up, But No Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Yes you can use multiple controllers at the same time, as long as they are all configured as I described, and are set to their own midi channels. I ran a Yamaha Motif es8 on midi channels 2 thru 16(minus channel 10), a Roland TD-10 kit(on channel 10) and a 3rd keyboard on channel 1. I often would track piano(via the Motif), drums and organ(via the 3rd keyboard) all at once.

A little more info for those new to this: the term VST is often mistakenly used to refer to a virtual instrument plugin(VST is a Steinberg plugin format). VI is a more appropriate term for an instrument plugin. FWIW, my Preferences has the default midi instrument set to None(but this does require the track to be in record-ready for it to make sound). Showing "Instruments"(View menu>Mix window) is needed so you can assign controllers and midi channels for using multiple controllers together.
I understand all that about different channels for different tracks. What's not clear in the OP's post is he trying to use two controllers/keyboards on the same track or separate tracks? He only talks about not hearing anything from Kontakt (singular). I know Kontakt can host multiple instruments in one instance but they all have to be on different MIDI channels as you state.

QAPLA!