View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 05:55 AM

Default Re: Problems upgrading Komplete 8 to Komplete 10 Ultimate in Pro Tools 10.3.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddysdead View Post
Yeah, I meant Komplete 8. My frustration of trying to install this thing for the last 2 days has made me a sloppy writer.

Anyway, I tried your suggestion but that does not make a difference. The same result when loading already started tunes. I have now also tried making a new tune with Komplete 10 Ultimate. It seems to work while playing/recording but if I want to load another/start a new tune it freezes up again.
Did you completely wipe out Komplete 8 from your computer? If not you should do that. Then get CCleaner and take a trip through the Windows Registry and clean out any old NI garbage. Reboot the computer and reinstall Komplete 10. After that run NI Service Center to get any program updates.

You haven't said what NI plugins you are using in your sessions. If you could post the specific ones (don't just say 'any of them'), size of session, etc. then I might be able to help. Obviously if you're using NI vi's then you have some kind of MIDI in use. Are you using an external MIDI controller or manually inputting notes. If you're using an controller keyboard and it's connected via USB then make sure your USB ports aren't going into power savings mode. Check Windows Control Panel and set them to never power down. What are you using for audio I/O?

Have you optimized your computer to run PT? Are you using a separate drive for PT to record to? You should also have a separate drive for your samples. And please don't tell me the line that 'my system worked before so it should work now' because obviously it isn't.

QAPLA!