View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 10:20 PM

Default Re: Unable to Record (digitize) a Regular Midi Track to an Audio Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuicyMusic View Post
My Casio WK3000 keyboard is connected to the MBox via midi cables only. This was my setup when I was using PT 6.4 LE, and it worked brilliantly - without a TRS connection.

Once I'm done recording all my midi tracks into PT I digitize each of them on to a mono audio track. 1 audio track below each midi track.

I was able to digitize a midi track about 2 weeks ago. I was so excited that I saved my session and went out to celebrate. I came back after a few hours to continue and it never worked again.

Could it be a setting in the Audio Setup Window in PT? Should I turn up the gain or input levels on the MBox?

Thanks
What are you talking about? You can't turn up input gain to fix things if you have no physical connection between what you are tryign to record and what is making the sound. There is just *no* magic way you create an audio track and get the behavior you seem to be expecting.

You keep using the strange expression "digitize the MIDI track" what exactly do you mean? Record the analog sound from the keyboard or what? MIDI cables never carry sound (or digital audio like S/PDIF, just digital MIDI signals, and they are not "audio"). So how does the keyboard sound get to the audio track?

There are only two ways of getting sound on the audio track and I've described both of them before. I suspect you were running a VI on an instrument track and never realized it or forgot, maybe you started with somebody else's template or session. Start by looking at the YouTube video I linked to, follow along with exactly what the instructor is doing, and read the relevant parts in the Pro Tools user guide.

Darryl