View Single Post
Old 08-17-2022, 10:19 PM

Default Re: Persistent 9073 Errors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphineas View Post
Thanks for your thoughts. I've been trying to find some confirmation that certain kinds of sounds require more processing power than others but there seems to be almost no information out there about this.
I'd say it's not so much the "kind" of sounds/instruments but more the consistency of the input signals being processed.

For example, I've froze my guitar/amp sim software when strumming really hard & fast for an extended period of time (when recording at a higher sample rate anyway).

I'm sure others advice regarding recording to the SSD is going to improve throughput vastly when recording.
Usually SSD's default to the best Policies setting in Windows Device Manager.
Check your Policy setting to see if write cache is enabled on the device to ensure maximum performance.

That can be found in the Windows Device Manager>Disk Drive>Drive Name>Properties>Policies.

I read another member advising to make sure your interface & system drivers are up to date.
So visit the Focused Support/Downloads page if not already.

Sounds like you've read the optimization guides...

The main thing that's given me problems when recording is if I forget to pause Windows update before a serious recording session.
It's only for 7 days at a time but can be paused again after it turns on again.
I've had Windows decide to update during recording and crash my guitar/amp sim program before being able to stop & save the file.

I've still taken note of the fact that you've been able to record multi-input up to a point as opposed to not at all.
Let me know the results of testing just 2 inputs at a time recording just some guitar & vocals.
Maybe others who have similar system specs can chime in to to verify just how many signals they can record simultaneously.

I have a modest 2 inputs so the reality of LIMITATIONS is always a real factor.
Maybe I should change my username from take77 to 2inputs.

For what it's worth, here's a link to the Intel Driver & Support Assistant so you can make sure your drivers & chipset are up to date with Windows 11 updates.
It scans your system and provides comprehensive driver updates. The installation doesn't interfere with your system and will keep things up to date. I highly recommend.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us...assistant.html

Best recording wishes,

Mike

Pro Tools Studio 2022.7|Windows 10 22H2|Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen)|Dell Inspiron 3650|Intel i5 6th gen|16GB RAM|Samsung T5 SSD's|Hitachi|Touro HDD

Toontrack EZdrummer 3|Steven Slate Drums 5.5 + Blackbird Studio EX|Spectrasonics Trilian|Native Instruments Guitar Rig 6

Waves|SSL Native|Fabfilter|Softube|Soundtoys|Nomad Factory

Last edited by take77; 08-18-2022 at 04:57 AM.