View Single Post
Old 08-17-2022, 12:10 PM

Default Re: Persistent 9073 Errors

Quote:
Originally Posted by take77 View Post
Hopefully recording to the SSD works for you.

You mentioned there is no problem when recording yourself.
Try recording with just 2 simultaneous signals next at various buffer settings and see what happens.

However, it may be your setup simply can't handle the processing of 4 simultaneous signals? At least not for the full duration of the performance.

Also, when just recording room noise for long periods there is not much CPU demand.
Sounds like the band is able to record up to a point.
Is the point at which the errors occur at a point in the song where everyone is hammering full-on?

There's much more processing demand when recording fast successive transients coming in all at once from multiple sources.
That would be much more for the processor to handle.
Maybe you're system is only be able to handle a full song performance 1-2 inputs at a time?
I hope that I'm wrong and that you can effectively record 4 inputs with the right configuration.

I can modestly say that I'm only a solo recordist and have always wondered how many signals my desktop can actually record simultaneously.
I just know the faster and longer I strum my guitar the more my CPU works.

I'm sure others on here would be glad to share how many signals they can record at a specific buffer rates/sample settings using a similar system as yours.
Thanks for your thoughts. I've been trying to find some confirmation that certain kinds of sounds require more processing power than others but there seems to be almost no information out there about this. You're the first response that's mentioned it. I'm very curious about this but it's hard to find any information on it. In any case, it seems that 64GB of RAM and an Intel Core i7-11700 Processor should be plenty fast for recording four tracks at once with no active plugins or anything else.

I have also done a little research on my power supply. It's only 400 watts and an online calculator suggests I could need as many as 700 Watts given my RAM, processor, and graphics card. So the lack of sufficient power remains an interesting hypothesis.