View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 02:44 PM

Default Re: HDX And DSP Cache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushpig View Post
Kingfish,

Wow. Is this really true? Seriously? Really?? Wow. This will be a show stopper for me. My "InstaComp®" routine relies TOTALLY on manual voice assignment, ie: When I'm about to record say, a guitar part, I have a bunch of tracks all assigned to the same voice and with "Mute Frees Assigned Voice" activated, I can then record from 'south to north' in the edit window and the one highest up the screen always plays. This works so great for dropping in on higher tracks whilst keeping all clips below available and visible, and then with a few rough slices and clip muting, I get a quick and dirty comp which can be tidied up later. I will be VERY disappointed if this is totally gone. Seems like madness.

Steve Bush
www.music180.com/pros/5887

MacPro 4.1 (Nehalem) 2.26 8 Core, OSX 10.6.8, PT10HD, 14 Gig RAM, PCIe HD3, 192, Sync I/O, Midi I/O.
Yep, it's really gone, all voice allocation workflow, from a decade+ of HD, gone, in 1 Swipe.

IMAGE I've evolved most of my voice stealing workflow into my own bastardized version of their "Playlist view intentions" which is working well for me (Not using solo or mutes, and treating Top Playlist, like the only "Voiced track") - However... the workflow of being able to voice regions... sorry... "Clips" on different playlists / tracks muting, and un-muting vertically, so that the top voice "Plays", is gone.

I'm pretty surprised by that.

- MacStudio M1
- HDX II Sonnet xMacStudio
- 16x16 HD i/o x 6
- PT ULTIMATE
- SONOMA
- ProTools Dock / S1 / Control App