View Single Post
Old 01-30-2020, 07:29 PM
Avid

Default Re: S1 multiple units only 8 configurable buttons???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchook View Post
Now to the bugs of the new control app with logic.

1. Logic "Sends on faders" commend is not working. (Mackie does) it needs to be implemented as it's a very useful feature in logic.

2. The track view on the new control app with logic pro does not show the track colors. It did when it was Pro Tools Control. Something happened. actually If you try to turn on "Display brakes on track color" option, The display go crazy. Try it.

Now on the S1 units why if i go to channel mode (Shift+flip) when i'm on inserts. It will stay on channel mode when i go to pan. This just does not make since at all. In a perfect world, The S1 will remember on which of the modes (EQ, Inserts, Dyn, Pan....) i like to be on channel mode and on which i don't. Hope i'm explaining it clear.

And then back to the original post of the 8 buttons only.

Also, Would be nice to be able to select a channel from the meter view on the ipad. Won't work now. Only from the mixer view

Sorry for the long post but i am trying to be detailed as possible.
1. I sent this to Apple to get fixed
2. We see this issue and will fix soon
Channel mode: I agree with you. It is automatic with EQ and DYN but not with others. I like the idea of setting each function to be in that mode or not.
Meter view: There are many new things we want to add to it. The App was completely rewritten so took a long time. Priority was getting it this far and stable. We also want to add swiping the meters to bank the S1's

One think you can guarantee is that Mackie Control is what it was 10 years ago and will never change. EUCON has been growing for 15 years and will continue to.