View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 08:25 PM

Default Re: PT11 2nd track automatically recording 1st track's audio problem

Yeah, I was running my signal through the monitor out of the Mackie and into the line in of the X-Fi Titanium. This would give me a nice signal and work flawlessly in Audacity, but it seems to confuse PT11, which I believe requires you to be running an interface as an interface. I suppose you could theoretically use the X-Fi for this purpose, but it's beyond me exactly how.

My other issue was overcoming the fact that I can't install Mackie Onyx drivers on Windows 8, they simply refuse to install. But besides that, I tried running them previously on Windows 7 and had terrible latency. Using my method described above, I had latency of about 4ms in Audacity. I also don't have "what u hear" activated on the soundblaster, but I will investigate the auto-create sub paths and auto-default channel assignments.

How I solved this issue in the end was buying a $300 Avid Fast Track Duo from Guitar Center and using that instead of the Mackie. It has USB, but only for power and not signal transfer (thank god) and doesn't present any problems on Windows 8. Now that I know it works, I can return it and save $60 ordering it on Ebay. For an extra hundred bucks, it was a pretty clean fix. It seems like a good little unit and I can't complain about its latency (I should have a real 1/4 inch line out anyway!)

Thank you everybody for your support!