View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 08:12 AM

Location: Current: Ikebukuro, Tokyo, Hails from: San Francisco
Default Re: Eleven Rack control window?

I guess if you use the 11R by itself, then there's no computer? Well than there's just the display, and all info is shown on the display screen.

But as far as running the 11R control window w/o PT, this is still not yet possible, or should i say "allowed".

What IS possible though, is running PT and the 11R Control Window w/o a session open. This actually takes very little resources, and really won't interfere with much of anything. (Depending on your comp I guess)

The drawback is if you are still on PT8 LE, PT will hijack the 11R as the interface, making it unusable as an interface in another DAW at the same time. But, if you have PT9, (theoretically, I haven't tried this) you can switch the PT's playback engine to any other interface, or even the internal speakers of a laptop, which would leave the 11R open for use with another DAW.

I base this on my use of the 11R connected through SPDIF to a RME Fireface 800 via the three cable method. When I run PT9, I have the playback engine set to the Fireface via firewire, but because the 11R is still hooked up through USB, I still have access to the control window.

EDIT: Actually, I just tried it with PT 9.0.1, and Ableton Live 8.2.1. It works.
RME Fireface 800
Eleven Rack