View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 12:09 AM

Default Re: What digilink cable do I need?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonhans View Post
I just bought myself a second hand HD 2 PCI-e and it came with a short (30 cm?) digilink cable. I want to order myself an Avid IO 16 analog today and I was wondering. The shop said that I need a digilink mini cable for it. I'm really confused about this. I see from the specs of the IO 16, that it has a digilink mini out. I suppose I will need a digilink to digilink mini adapter. I also want to order a longer digilink cable (7m?). I just wonder if there's a male and female side on these cables and which ones I will need then. Can someone please enlighten me?

Thanks a lot!
Hans
Hi,

Cable and adaptor are included. makes sure the box is sealed when you buy it...

Features
Whether you work with music or sound for picture, HD I/O gives you professional-grade audio quality, high performance conversion, and the flexibility to integrate with a variety analog and digital gear, so you can quickly adapt the interface to meet whatever need comes your way.

Pristine audio clarity and ultra low latency through state-of-the-art A/D and D/A conversion, premium analog circuitry, and meticulous attention to design
Adapt the interface for your needs—choose from three configurations:
Get a balance of analog and digital I/O with HD I/O 8x8x8
Maximize your analog I/O with HD I/O 16x16 Analog
Go all digital with HD I/O 16x16 Digital
Versatile digital I/O on all interfaces, with built-in sample rate conversion
Expand or customize the I/O with analog or digital option cards
Completely integrates with Pro Tools|HD for full input, output, and routing control
Track hotter signals and smooth out sounds with Curv, a new built-in soft-knee limiter
Keep things in sync with dedicated Word Clock and Loop Sync I/O
Keep an eye on your levels easily through 32 4-segment metering LEDs
Robust 2U rack-mountable chassis
Connects to Pro Tools|HD through a DigiLink Mini connection (cable and adaptor included)

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.