View Single Post
Old 08-28-2021, 04:17 AM

Default Re: Running Pro Tools First - Getting Past Error 9178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob DiSilverio View Post
Problem Solved:

I found C:/Program Files/Common Files/Avid/Audio/Plug Ins

I have been using other DAWs for a while and have collected some other plug-in that I used in other software.

How these populated in my Avid sub-directory is a mystery.

However, removing all of the plug-ins that predated my installation of Pro Tools First eliminated the problem. I just cut and pasted them to some other directory. Then ran the start up which threw a slightly daunting, but most welcome, editing screen up on the display.

Next stop: Understanding workflow.
Welcome to the world of ProTools and the DUC. Just take your time with the program and don't be afraid to ask questions here. Reading the manual is always a good first stop.

PT First only works with the plugins that come with it or that are purchased through the Avid store. So any third party plugins outside that sphere won't work. Just keep that in mind for the future.

Understanding workflow will take time. How you work will depend on what you're trying to do. Using vi's is a bit different than recording live audio for instance. If you've used other recording programs don't be surprised to see that PT doesn't do things just like another program. That can be maddening or liberating all depending on how you look at it.

BTW thanks for including the Sandra report. Big props on that. Something else that will help is if you put your system info on either your profile page or in your sig file. That way when you ask for help you don't have to retype things or waste time getting info to the people that can help. You'll see in my signature I have a hyperlink to my profile page with the system info.

QAPLA!