View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 02:35 PM

Default Re: trim automation not out of sync

Just curios but why are you automating the Input Trim? The purpose (the only way I have used it for years) is to bring up or down the automated volume without recording the automation again (by raising the input trim up or down to what you needs are..)

The only other reason I use it is to bring the 32bit float engine down to not clip my master fader (my sessions are at 24 bit so sometimes my mix is above the ceiling and instead of using the input trim to lower all the tracks I just lower the master bus trim....)

Automation is meant to be written in the volume view or for midi and VI its called audio volume.... Ive never had to or wanted to automate the trim

So to answer your question, no Ive not ever seen that because I would never automate the input trim... just raise or lower the entire thing (meaning no volume nodes/dots adjusting it through the session)

Do you have delay compensation enabled? If you do If you turn it off does it visually look right?

Last edited by jasonthurley; 03-07-2013 at 03:17 PM. Reason: To Clarify Input TRIM not Input GAIN