View Single Post
Old 11-21-2022, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Does Pro Tools First 2021.7 work seamlessly after upgrading to Windows 11

Hmmm, here are my thoughts:
1-generally, anything that works on Windows 10 will work on Windows 11.
2-I forgot the track limit on PT Intro. Have you considered PT Artist? Its $9.99 per month or $99 per year.
3-as with any update(small or large), you don't need to fear if you have a backup strategy(and you SHOULD!). Drive imaging is the least you should be doing. Another option would be to clone your current C: drive to another similar drive, install the clone and update it(leaving your current C: drive untouched and unchanged)
4-if you can't afford PT Artist, might you be better off with another DAW such as Reaper or Cakewalk by Bandcamp? Those 2 are free to try(Cakewalk is just plain free) and both are very capable programs with none of the limitations of PT First

Of course, before diving into anything new, you would need to open each of your old song sessions, consolidate all audio tracks, print any instrument tracks and export the files to separate folders so you could import the files to another DAW(which is something worth learning how to do anyway)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave