View Single Post
Old 05-06-2022, 09:36 AM

Default Pro Tools Stopped Receiving A Signal From Digital Piano But Was Working Fine Before

Hi there.

So a while back I loaded up a track I was working on. This track had two Virtual Instrument tracks setup that I had recorded on both tracks live, using my digital keyboard to record a piano section and a string section, using Addictive Keys and Vienna Symphonic Library.
After going back to this track to add some more parts when trying to play anything on the keyboard there was no audio signal coming through and also no midi notation that is in scripted in while you play live.
After trying everything I could find on the forums I decided to do a full reinstall of Pro Tools 11, hoping that would fix the problem.
The full reinstall did not solve the problem so now I'm just sitting here baffled and frustrated with no idea why suddenly one day Pro Tools decided not to work with the Virtual Instrument plugins.
The strange thing is the stand alone versions of the Virtual Instruments work fine. I can load them up and have a nice play away:), but at least this gives me hope and I know the computer is still communicating with the digital piano, but just not through Pro Tools 11 anymore .
The digital piano I am using is a Yamaha P - 45. I've downloaded the Windows 10 driver for it off Yamaha's website.
I love working in Pro Tools so much! It's incredible when everything is working and you can get so much done. Its just a shame when you think everything is working perfectly, then one day its not!

I hope someone can help me out.

Kind regards

Kab