View Single Post
Old 07-10-2005, 09:10 PM

Default Re: Help with Connections with a 002R

Simplest would be to patch the POD output to the compressor input>compressor output to 002R input. You will need to experiment with pOD output settings vs. compressor threshold settings as the POD output will affect the threshold. Use the output control on the compressor to set the final level into the 002r. Your choice of mono or stereo. I usually record my POD in mono and treat it with plugins if I am looking for a stereo effect(like a leslie plugin or a stereo delay). I also find the plugins I have sound as good or better than the average analog compressor. I do compress bass and vocals with the FMR RNC. As you become more proficient and decide later to add some high-end mic pre's, you may end up with a pre that has an insert point. That is a good place to patch a compressor for any signal plugged into the pre. As the 002(R) does not have genuine insert jacks on the inputs, the first method is about all you can do for now but it will work fine. I added a Focusrite ISA428 to my rig and inserted my compressor on the first 2 channels of the 428. If I wanted compression on my POD, I would patch the POD output(s) to the 428 line in jacks so they go thru the compressor. As it is, I find the POD sounds compressed anyway but you may go for tones that call for it more than mine.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave