View Single Post
Old 08-08-2021, 03:12 PM

Default Re: 2016 Install Errors - Win 10 Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkgear View Post
I once had a botched PT install that wouldn't let me uninstall or reinstall without failing and had to use the Microsoft Install Tool to fix it.

First I would uninstall PT the best you can and remove any traces of it in Program Files. Next try running the install fixer tool, then try a fresh 2020 install. Hopefully it helps your system too.
After some investigating via Google, the latest Win 10 update appears to "handcuff" some Installers and you need to add the particular app you're trying
to install to a "Trusted Programs" list in the damn security center! Then it works. MS keeps farking with systems with their updates and is getting to be a REAL PITA!

www.LightWingStudios.com

Musical Instrument Protection Accessories...Made In America.

AxeShield HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, AxeSak, AxeGlove & AxeCap

Win 10 Pro, PT 2021.6 Native, Presonus Studio One 5, Dell Precision T7910, Dual 10 Core (20 Cores) Xeons, 128GB RAM, 4@2TB SSD, 1@4TB SSD, Nvidia 2GB HDMI Card, Two 43" LG TVs as Monitors, Black Lion 2X2 USB Interface, Mackie HR-828 Monitors, Arturia Essential 88 Key Controller, Katana Head, Fishman Triple Play, AIR Music & East West Plugins, too many Guitars...& an AMAZING wife. :)