View Single Post
Old 08-04-2021, 09:39 AM

Default Re: PT 11 unable to open in Big Sur 11.5

OK folks… Here’s the latest:

The demo of the latest version of PT seems to be working fairly solidly on my MBA. Mind you, this is with very little experimentation, and also consider I will only be using this for location recording… Not a lot of density to the final recorded tracks… Other than the audio files. No onboard editing, etc. I’ll transfer the files to my PC.

So, I thought I would take a look and see if I could find an old stock reinstatement… Somebody on reverb.com has one… $369. That’s the only one I could find. That’s really only $150 less than regular retail for the current license. Still not a bargain.

I don’t know a ton about reverb.com, and whether or not they would stand behind their purchases… Would you consider purchasing this? Or, is there a sense of security and actually having a license acquired from a reputable source?

The other alternative is that I just cheap out, and find an inexpensive recording platform to use on location, and just transfer the audio files manually into my PC. A bit of a pain in the butt, but I’ve done it many times.

The good thing about acquiring a current license is that it will probably last for the next five years, and if my PC goes down, I will at least I have this license for whatever I replace my current PC with in the near future, should I need to do that.

The downside of getting a current license is that if anything stops working over the next year, I doubt avid is going to talk to me, because my MBA is not listed on their compatible device list.

Is this the route you would take, if you were a poor bloke and needed to set yourself up the best you could for the next five years, or so? It’s just not economically feasible to update both my MBA, and PT anytime soon.

I attached a screenshot that shows a bit of the listing on reverb.

Let me know your thoughts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8EA49E8D-F7C8-4736-B783-84EED0DF1E36.jpg (56.5 KB, 0 views)