View Single Post
Old 04-13-2021, 12:04 PM

Default Re: PT 2021.3 Hangs on opening old sessions with Multiple Videos

Something similar happens to me when I'm trying to open a session with multiple video files. The video files link to a certain file path on one system. When trying to open the session on a different system where the file path to the video files is different (in effect, ProTools thinks the videos are missing), I have to wait an excruciatingly long time for the session to open (like 10 mins) as AvidVideoEngine is "Restoring Video Files"

I'm not able to perform the steps exactly as above, as AvidVideoEngine re-initializes when I open my session. I did however manage to disable Video Engine thru the preferences pane in the middle of my session opening and that brought things back to normal session opening times (of seconds)

The computer attempting to open the session with "missing" video files has tried 2021.3 and 2021.3.1. Going back to 2020.12 resolves this issue.

This system is on Mojave on a 14,2 Mac.

I'm not sure of the specs of the first computer where the session mainly lives other than it running High Sierra and PT 2020.11.

Thanks for anyone that may be able to help or offer insight!