View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 09:23 AM

Default I cannot account for this one.....

Last night after a recording session I discovered something a bit strange that may have a very reasonable explanation, but I can't figure it out. I typically use my rackmouonted Lexicon MPX 550 Reverb processor to feed the mix bus while tracking using the 002R's Analog 8 Output, and returning to the 002R via SPDIF. I do this because I don't like using any plugins if I can help it so that I can keep latency to a minimum for the musician, by setting the playback engine at 128 samples. In last night's session something strange happened. After I was done tracking I changed the playback engine to 1024 samples since I didn't need to worry about latency anymore (or did I?). When I did that the MPX 550 reverb return developed a noticeable delay. When I muted the return aux channel the delay went away. I could not account for this and I do not recall ever hearing this before. Also, when I changed back to 128 samples the delay went away. Very weird. Changing the playback engine from 128 to 1024 was almost like boosting the MPX 550 return aux fader by at least 50% - 75%. Does anyone have any ideas?

Torchlight