View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 07:37 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Only Recording Dry Guitar Signal no FX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran5000 View Post
Once again Daryl major thanks for your continued help here it's much appreciated!!! - now I've got the rig recording in Reaper 3.651 and there's (hopefully!) one last thing here :

Volume wise the guitars are coming through and overpowering everything in the DAW. When recorded it's fine but the ER volume seems to be coming through completely independently, so I cannot control this inside the DAW with it's faders as normal. If I turn the track faders or master fader to zero the guitars are still sounding.

I'm using Windows XP SP3 Asio drivers
Oh that now. Since I really use Pro Tools on OS X I'd forgotten about that, but I think it show up with CoreAudio and apps on OS X as well (Garage band, etc.). I think it was mentioned at some stage Avid wanted to add a with to the asio driver to mute the in-box output but I dont' think this was ever done. Windows folks here may have more info.

You may be able to play with your DAW master volume and individual track play levels and the Eleven Rack rig out volume settings and find a point where the Eleven Rack internal main out sounds are less annoying. But whatever you do this is really no way to track, mix or monitor.

Since you have the Babyface and want to use it anyhow the thing I would do is connect the Eleven Rack as an ouboard digital processor to the Babyface, which will require an SPDIF-RCA to TOSLINK adaper (get either two adapters or a dual adapter so you can go both to/from the Eleven Rack for reamping).

You then monitor through speakers on the Babyface and record from its S/PDIF inputs. And you can reamp etc. via its S/PDIF digital out to the Eleven Rack. You will need to set up one device as the clock master and the other a a slave to it, the manuals should help you there.

I am not following if you have tried exactly this before and got stuck, since I cannot follow your description of problems in other threads. If you have problems with doing this you need to write a very clear description of what is connected to what etc. and exactly what is happening.

Darryl