View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 02:42 AM

Default Re: Re-learning to mix ITB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppertree View Post
mano...I've posted most of the helpful comments in this thread in fact. If you don't understand them then certainly you should go back and meditate on them...I am not contradicting myself at all.
Mate, its you who needs to go back and read the posts in this thread, and maybe, just maybe you'll actually learn some valuable points from far more experienced users than you.

You're constant argument about floating point, clearly shows your ignorance and lack of knowledge in the real world of making records!! you have one argument about native mixing And only a complete amateur, someone with no real world experience in making records (maybe someone like yourself) would make records at those levels in the box.

You insist on constantly posting in just about every thread with bad and misinformed information...

"If fader position matters so much, just use a trim plugin, or a level setting on one of the other plugins."

"in a modern floating point engine like LE gain structure is nearly completely ignorable ITB."

"With most plugins in LE, you can run everything hundreds of db up into clip, and pull it all down right in front of the converter or filesystem without any distortion or quality loss whatsoever."

There's lots os people on this forum who make great records on a daily basis! i guarantee not one of those record makers will agree with your points of view

See monkey, do monkey do

There's nothing more dangerous than someone with a little knowledge and a big mouth.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.