View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 12:38 AM

Default My two USB controllers are not playing nice with each other.

Greetings,

I'm new to this forum and hope I have placed this in the correct area.

I am running PT 2020.11 on Windows 10 (v2004. And run as Admin).
And, my issue is with my two USB controllers.

I have a Presonus Faderport v2. It works great when used by itself.
I also brought out my old M-Audio Radium 49 keyboard controller. And, even though the latest driver is for win7, it also works great by itself.

But, when I try to use them at the same time, PT gets pop up windows stating it cannot communicate with each device. Yet, the keyboard controller would still operate instrument plugins, but my Faderport stops working properly. Its fader encoder somehow gets assigned to the Master fader in the session, being properly controlled by the Faderport...but that's it. And, when I'm not touching anything, I get a stuck note that I did not create (sounds like the lowest note available).

*My Windows Device manager show no conflicts or errors.
*PT recognizes each device in the MIDI controller settings page.
*FaderPort is self powered by AC and is on its own physical USB port.
*Radium 49 is USB powered via an Insignia USB3.0 hub (Trackball mouse is only other device in the hub).

Is it possible my keyboard controller is too old, and I need a new one with Win10 driver support? Or, am I missing something in my PT setup?

Would someone be able to steer me in the right direction on where to start troubleshooting this?

Thank you so much,
Steve

Lenovo legion 5 15IMH05H (Intel i7 [6 core - 12 Thread] @ 4.80GHz, 16GB Ram, SSD 500GB, HDD 1TB, Nvidia Geforce GTX [6GB GPU])
Win 10 Home v2004
Pro Tools 2020.11
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 IO
Presonus Faderport v2