Thread: USING TWO 002's
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 11:12 AM

Default Re: USING TWO 002's

Actually if you have the console version of the 002 I don't see any reason that you can't enter standalone mode, use the mic pres and line inputs and send them all out the ADAT optical port and into the other 002's ADAT input. The 002 your using in standalone mode should NOT be connected to the computer with the firewire cable. So I dont see any reason you can't use a 002 like Presonus D8 or ADA8000.

Keep in mind that if you using the 002 in standalone mode your not going to be able to use it with Pro Tools and it will be a "Dumb" device like any other ADAT pre amp.

Check the manual on your 002 concerning the standalone functions as they are actually quite comprehensive. You have DSP powered EQ, Compression, Digital Delay and Reverb available along with the ability to buss the 8 tracks separately to the delay and reverb mixers. You can also buss your tracks to a external digital effects unit using the SPDIF ports and as I said I am fairly sure the ADAT functions are working also. The 002 does a whole lot more than most people realize. Even though have a 003 theres a reason my old 002 is sitting in our practice space as a vocal/mini PA mixer. Check your manual as I'm going from memory on a lot of this.

Your only going to be able to use one as a control surface.

If your using 002R's than the answer is definitely no.

So Maybe, Maybe, Maybe, Maybe

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88