Thread: Buggy clip-fx?
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2022, 05:57 PM

Default Re: Buggy clip-fx?

I never got a firm answer for Avid about my case. They seemed to think rendering audiosuite instances of RX mouth declick caused it, but I personally don’t think it had anything to do with the plug-in specifically. To me, it seemed like Pro Tools wasn’t really setup in a way to deal with circumstances where rendering clip audio within a session (clip fx, audiosuite plugins, etc) required more space on the working drive than was available.

Purely speculation on my part. Auto saves set to 999 and every few minutes, plus closing Pro Tools whenever you take a break is a good way of catching it without losing much work.

I haven’t really changed the way I work in sessions, but after two or three session corruptions over a few weeks towards the end of 2020, I haven’t experienced it since. I also haven’t seen an “out of space” error since then either.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.