Thread: Buggy clip-fx?
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 07:21 AM

Default Re: Buggy clip-fx?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhoof View Post
I use clip fx all the time and haven't noticed any issues regarding copy/pasting, though I exclusively use the menu from the alt+6 window (which programmed on my mouse for quick access).
Performance is also no issue here.

The only issue I have is when I change a parameter the first time it doesn't play back right away. I have to 'touch' or change the parameter again in order to hear it.

It might get messy selecting multiple clips where each had a different clip fx starting point. The alt+6 window will only show one of them but applies the parameter you change to all of the selected clips (leaving the untouched parameters intact).

What parameters are incompatible by the way? It seems to me they all match the channel strip? All besides the 'fx chain order' and I think the output trim, or am I missing something?
It's odd and I can only speak for 2019.12 as I've almost never used the clip fx before but the copy menu being greyed out I see all the time. Also the keyboard shortcut for copy clip-fx won't work in that case, however the copy menu inside the clip fx parameter window will work. It's randomly inconsistent and quite annoying. So maybe that is a 19.12 thing, not sure. Could be a new bug but I can't compare to earlier behaviour.

What I meant about the parameters not matching is that I haven't found a way to copy/paste clip EQs over to the AAX channel strip when you want to use them as a time based EQ. Very strange because you can recall saved Channel Strip AAX presets from disk. Why no copy/paste? I also wish there was a compare button that is a real before/after compare and not just a button that recalls the factory default. The undo/redo essentially becoming the "suspend preview" equivalent.

And I also miss a visual indicator for active clip effects when zoomed out. I also wish the compressor had a level (gain reduction meter) meter.

F.