View Single Post
Old 12-04-2003, 06:51 PM

Default Re: How to contact Digidesign support (002)

Alot of things stink about Digi. Let give you prime example: A customer has been using PTLE with the 001 for about a year. Everytime the lightpipe in is used during that period, the blue screen of death appears. No fix exists. Even though it happens repeatedly to several DUCers and for a while is a hot thread topic, Digi doesn't even acknowledge the problem exists.

So, coming to an understanding of what kind of company Digi is, the customer bites his lip, saves his money and upgrades to the new 002r. He reads the compatibilty documents, buys the Digi recommended laptop, installs 6.1.1 (a nightmare for more than a few users) and for 2 days is somewhat happy (some minor weird things happening), but overall is optimistic that at some point PT will perform as advertised. Note that the customer is careful, no internet on the computer; he doesn't even hook it to the internet to check it out, it was bought for PT and nothing more.

Then the moment of truth! ---- !!! ---- !! (extended drama). The customer lightpipes in a digital signal from the synth module. It's beautiful, it works, it records. But then it's time to shut down the computer. The Blue Screen appears with several paragraphs of information that can be summed up in a word--[bleep] (Digiland is always in primetime so you can't say [bleep]; they bleep it out--now there's some irony for you). The only way to shut her down is to pull the battery. The customer is too pissed off to eat supper. He knows what's in store for him--waiting on the phone, taking notes when tech help speaks, dutifully trying what's offered, calling back to say it didn't work, and waiting on the phone some more at 4 cents a minute.

As you might be able to tell, I'm an unhappy customer and shouldn't even be allowed near the welcome wagon. But all of the above nothwithstanding, welcome to the DUC. You'll find some great help here and will meet some good folks. I won't be much help because as soon as I finish this note, I'm going to throw my new computer in the North Platte and then jump in after it (just kidding, I'm going to beer and try to get this off my mind).