View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 02:50 PM

Default Re: MBox Pro 3 CoreAudio Manager says (HW not found), but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by slobrien View Post
I am having the same problem where coreaudio is not recognizing my new mbox pro. I have clean uninstalled and reinstalled up to 10.3.4 a couple of times.
I am running a2008 imac 24' 2.8ghz with 4gb RAM snow leopard 10.6.8
my mbox pro has package1.1.3 and firmware1.0.3

its working fine in protools 10.3.4 and is correctly recognized and working in my mac's audio midi and sound preferences for itunes safari etc, but the coreaudio program is giving me the unsupported device and HW not found message. No 3rd party applications (garage band and line 6 gear box) are getting any sound from my mbox pro at all. The mbox pro control panel seems to be working fine and shows i am getting signal to it but wont give me any 3rd party software to work

I tried the install of the driver first then protools again and have scoured the avid site trying to figure this out can anyone offer any more help than whats here already?
Did you read all of this thread? Carefully? The Avid Core Audio utility does not work with the Mbox. Not expected to, should not, it is working as designed not to. So completely irrelevant to any other issues you have. I hope you are not trying to mess with that utility after its explained so clearly above. And of not then your problem is not related to this thread and you should have started a new thread for his problem.

If the Mbox shows up in the OS X Core audio utility then that is a good sign. Are you selecting it as the input device in garage band under preferences>Audio/Midi? Try setting the direct device there, not the system setting and don't mess with aggregate devices. Does that work? If there is much more to this can you start a new thread, start by reading the "Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!" link on this web page, and the type of info asked for there, tryign to be really clean in exactly what your settings are in the audio/midi control panel and in the audio input/ouput settings for any app you are trying to use... we cannot guess what you have set there and that is quite likely the root of this issue, or close to it.

If the driver appears suspect (i suspect this is not the issue), do a "proper"/paranoid driver reinstall: physically disconnect the Mbox, download the latest driver from Avid, run the uninstaller included in the download, reboot the Mac, run the new installer you downloaded. Power off the Mac, connect the Mbox but leave powered off. Power up the mac and once booted turn on the Mbox power.

Darryl