View Single Post
Old 09-22-2021, 08:40 PM

Default Re: Multiple Tracks To 1 Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockindon View Post
My firs post question. We'll see how this goes.
If I have 6 vocal tracks and I want to put 3 of them to one track and 3 to another so I can pan them left and right... how do I do that?
I have the latest Pro Tool as of Jan '21.
Thanks to one and all who can help.
P.S. I hope this was the correct place to post this.
Hey there, welcome to the forum!

I think what you're going to want is a stereo bus (this would give you most control).

Go to your I/O setup window, go to the bus tab, create a new stereo bus (call it whatever you like, I'll use "Vox Bus" for this), press ok.

Then, go to the I/O of your 6 vocal tracks. You can view this on the edit window but most commonly on the mix window. Change the output routing of all of the 6 vocal tracks to "Vox Bus". You can do this quickly but selecting all the tracks, then holding down shift+option while you change the output of any of the 6 tracks.

Create a new stereo aux track. Set its input to "Vox Bus", set its output to whatever your vocal tracks used to be.

Each of the 6 vocal tracks should have an independent panner. You can pan whichever 3 to one side and the other 3 to the other side (or anywhere in between that sounds cool).

Hope that helps! Have fun!

•2019 Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W - 48 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 (OS 10.15.5) •HD Native PCIe, HD Omni, 192 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •Avid S3 + Dock •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •5.1 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

Additional Systems

•2010 Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon - 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native PCIe, 192 I/o, 96 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x4), McControl (x1), JLCooper Surround panner for D-Command ES, Avid Control •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •7.1.4 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

•2017 MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz i7 - 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native TB, HD Omni, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x1), McControl (x1), Avid Control * or * D-Command ES Main Unit •Fed into whichever system is the main system