View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 09:48 PM

Default Re: Guitar recording problem

sorry guys, I've been traveling back and forth. (Christmas, NewYear, etc).

adamqlw: I think you are right, I am a noob and grab a book or something will help me to understand what I want, need and look for; basic concepts (re-amping, impulse response, etc) In addition to help me understand you guys better. half the time I'm pretty lost, and I cannot explain or develop a clear post.
I didn't have my mbox on hand, but I connected directly cab out and slave out to my 003. would it be damaged or something? how can i be sure?

WarrenBeat: thanks for offering some impulse response samples, however, i dont know what they are. plz read below

well, I just want to say thanks to you guys for the patience and effort, but I learn that I am not in position to be asking this kind of question without having learn basic concepts of PT, and recording in general. I will grab some books and start learning.

all in all, as a kid with new toy, i just wanted to directly record from my amp (wire) through my 003 to PT. without using mics.

(just testing) I used a KSM32 mic (SM57 don't have it yet) to record my distorted guitar, and overall sounds decent, so SM57 could be one way.

currently, I'm out of my home for a couple of months, and only have my mbox 2. I'm going to start practicing with it and see what happens.

Pieroft