View Single Post
Old 06-20-2021, 10:57 AM

Default Re: Anyone running Accel cards in Thunderbolt to PCIe chassis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmrosa View Post
Hello, I would like to revive this thread. I am trying to enable my PCIe HD Core card connected to a Magma Expressbox 1 Pro Chassis using a sonnet Echo Cardexpress to thunderbolt adapter in my MacBook Air early 2014 running Mountain Lion 10.8.5 but I am out of luck. I edit al the info.plist files inside the DigiDal.kext with the thunderbolt aware string, but still HD Core card is not being recognized. No problems in Windows 7... Help would be appreciated :)

key>IOPCITunnelCompatible/key>
<true/>

Thanks in advance
BR
RR
Just my opinion, but I would not waste time one this for one simple reason(okay, three)
1-Any native system on a modern computer will beat even HD3 on horsepower(so HD1 is a non-starter for serious recording).
2-Doing this locks you at PT 10 HD meaning you lose any chance to get all the good stuff that came later.
3-Your Macbook air is most likely not up to the task(maybe the new M1 version is)
Sounds like you have Thunderbolt so just get a decent interface with Thunderbolt and go modern(even if you need to get a new(er) Mac too

BTW, whatever interface(s) you have connected to the old HD card should work fine connected to the Avid HD/Native Thunderbolt box.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave