View Single Post
Old 03-11-2022, 10:21 AM

Default Avid dock cannot be selected in EuCon

I recently installed PT Ultimate 2021.12. I have 2 S1 units and an AVID dock connected to my 2019 MBP running Big sur 11.6.3. The S1 units are recognized by EuCon and appear in the EuCon control surface window and have IP addresses assigned to them. My 2019 Macbook Pro (Big Sur 11.6.3) has the most current version of EuCon. All controllers use AVID-approved tablets (Amazon Fire HD10 for the S1 units and an iPad Pro 2. Gen. for the dock) and have the latest version of Avid Control installed.

My problem:
The dock appears only sometimes on the Eucon list of available control surfaces. As soon as I select it with the intention of dragging it into the MY CONTROL SURFACES window (after which I intend to link it with my last remaining instance of Avid Control), it immediately disappears. Other times, it fails to appear on the list of available surfaces at all. Sometimes the message appears “Dock is having connection issues. When I turn the dock off as instructed in the message, another pop-up message appears saying “unable to connect to the unit named “Avid dock”, suggesting that EuCon is somehow seeing the dock but not allowing me to select it as one of my control surfaces.
Sometimes the dock appears in ALL SURFACES and in MY SURFACES, blinking on and off approximately every 15 seconds.
Note:
I successfully registered the EuCon card that came with the dock and both appear in the list of my products in my Avid master account.
I have checked and swapped all ethernet cables and confirmed switch port functionality. Both S1 units have different IP Addresses assigned to them and are ok.
My question: How can I establish a connection to the dock and link it with Avid control. My 2019 Macbook Pro (Big Sur 11.6.3) has the most current version of EuCon. All controllers use AVID-approved tablets (Amazon Fire HD10 for the S1 units and an iPad Pro 2. Gen. for the dock) and have the latest version of Avid Control installed.