View Single Post
Old 04-15-2021, 08:17 AM

Default Re: *not* use the headphone outputs on the Carbon, and use my MacBookPro instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
Actually you may want to "bore" us a bit further
Given the dearth of info about your system and situation, pretty hard to answer definitively. Like is your laptop the computer that PT is running on ? Or are you wanting to use it as a peripheral/second output device ?

While Carbons dual audio midi and sound instance ability allows the use of other audio source inputs while PT is open even with Ultimate... I do not know if you can do specifically what you are talking about but I am guessing an HP extension cable is the simplest solution
yes, of course - Carbon hooked up to MacBookPro.

one computer.

The (rare) situation is that I want to adjust headphone volume on laptop, and have the PT stereo audio come out the MacBookPro headphone output

that is all.

No - a headphone extension cable isn't great. I dont want to run back and forth to adjust headphone output.

yes of course i could simply make a send in PT to my headphone output (on Carbon) and adjust there in PT... but that is separate from my question:

with a Carbon, can there also be an audio output from my MacBookPro headphone out?

thanks.