View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 09:21 PM

Default Re: 192 interface upgrade? EXT clock unstable?

Quote:
Quote:
Apogee have a bunch of details about how to hook up their gear on their web site.

Rail
Ahh, when I saw your name, Rail, I was hoping for the best.

Apogee's instructions are what I've been using. They say to use a separate cable from Big Ben to each of the 192's, and to NOT connect any loop sync in/out. I've done this and still have problems. Is it the 192 firmware? I know there are many users doing the Big Ben successfully.

But in another post, as I said, DIGI says to use one cable from Big Ben to the first 192 and then use loop sync cables to hook up to the other 192 loop sync I/O.

I can't find anywhere on the Digidesign site where it says what firmware and revision a 192 SHOULD BE in a PT 7 system. As I said, my Digitest only took my interfaces up to 3.0. But I know now from other threads that the firmware goes up to 4.9 (or more?). And that there are different revisions of the 192.

I'm just having continued problems having to do with the 2nd 192: Timeout....when accessing the audio hardware. Crashes when doing things on tracks assigned there, etc. For now, I'm going to remove the Big Ben from the system.

But what about that firmware and revision thing?

DIGI??
I am getting the same problems as you trying to clock my single 192 digital I/O from my Cranesong HEDD wordclock out. This never used to be a problem in 6.9, but since upgrading to any version of 7 including the latest 7.1cs4, I have had countless timeout errors, unable to reacquire hardware errors, health check failed errors, spinning beachballs when I try to move a plugin or hardware insert to another track. Very frustrating... I don't think your problem is Big Ben or the 2nd 192 it's just to do with clocking externally in Protools 7... it's flakey!

Matt

www.matthewgraymastering.com

Brisbane Australia