View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 01:50 PM
Evergreen Audio Design Group

Default Re: Satellite and Video LE Link. Will this work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Malcangi View Post
Hi, and more thanks for your quick responses Bob.

If I understand the PDF correctly, let's say I have 3 faderpacks on the D|Control. I could switch the whole D|Control (64 faders) to any of the satellite systems, with full functionality. Also, if I configured each satellite system to just respond to a single faderpack during dubbing, each editor could sit in the dubbing theatre and control their suite's PTHD system with his/her own faderpack and they could all make changes to their PTHD systems simulteneously. Is that correct or would you have to declare the whole D|Control to each suite? If both of these modes are possible, would it also be possible to set the system up so that the D|Control could switch between the two different methods/modes? In other words, during dubbing, could I have all 64 faders controlling a satellite (or the dubbing theatre) system and then switch back to the D|Control's faderpacks each controlling a different satellite? My guess is that this wouldn't be possible as it would require two different settings in each of the suites PTHD systems?

I notice you've steered well away from question 4. :) I take it that in your opinion the only way to make the system work smoothly and flexibly would be to have a separate TC6000 in each suite?

Thanks, Greg
Greg,

After speaking to one of my fellow engineers, we have not tested multi-mode where you "split" the D|Control and only have a portion of a D|Control operate in multi-mode. I cannot speak to what will happen if you try this. It might work or it might not.

With respect to using separate TC6000, I'm sure there are multiple ways of configuring this. I'm not familiar with this device or if there are plug-in versions of it.

Thanks,
bob