View Single Post
Old 11-17-2003, 10:51 AM

Default Re: Bounce Handler Cannot Keep Up?????

Quote:
I asked about Waves because on another thread, one guy mentioned he'd seen a correlation with Waves, and Rail said all his (successful) testing was with ONLY Digirack plugins.

So, we're no closer. But I'd bet the SW developers up at Digidesign know exactly what's going on, if they've investigated this at all. It may not be happening for everybody, but I'm pretty sure it didn't happen at all with 5.3.x. I suspect something related to the thread/process priority changes that occurred to support ReWire. Notice that Task Manager doesn't report PTLE at 98% all the time anymore? I think that was to allow other processes, such as Reason, to be happy running alongside PTLE. My hunch (and this kind of thing is my business) is that we're seeing a side-effect. Managing concurrent time-critical tasks is a bit of a juggling act.

I think your could be right there... I hope digidesign takes all the problems on this forum related to Bounce problems seriously!

By the way: I also get the pop up 'reduce the H/W buffer size' sometimes during a bounce. SO I change it from 1024 to 512. But when I do so, I get the pop up 'increase the H/W buffer size'. So whatever I do seems to be wrong!

Anyone else familiar with this problem?