View Single Post
Old 11-17-2003, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Bounce Handler Cannot Keep Up?????

I honestly do not think that it is too many plug-ins. I have been testing things with this, and I usually BUS all my tracks to an AUX track and it does it still. I hade a session with about 13 tracks and it did it. I have sessions with 26 tracks and it does it. It is something for sure that is either not agreeing with the system or a bug. I have a gig of DDR400 ram on my box, SATA 150 drive for my audio, and a separate OS drive. Machine could run the space shuttle, but still cannot bounce on some sessions. I had 9 sessions that I finished for a client this weekend. All but 1 could not bounce successfully. I finally JACKED up the buffer and ram usage and it worked for it. I still had to SHUT DOWN all services to get the others to work.

Tele, What would be great is if Digi could figure out a way to let you use Reason on another system and stream the audio via Network to have it play back. That way you could have your studio networked, have the monitor specified for Reason, control it from Pro Tools and have ZERO task on your pro tools box except the throughput which would not be much. That would be cool!

More money, but cool! even better is to get that system developed that will allow Plugins to run off another machine and be piped into Pro Tools.

Dreams... ahh the dreams!
-Doc

MONUMENT SOUND ON YOUTUBE

Monument Sound Facebook

"Changing how people hear music one track at a time"