View Single Post
Old 06-19-2022, 08:40 PM

Default Re: lost ilok protools 9 using 003 rack trying to recover tunes

Quote:
Originally Posted by nednednerb View Post
Yeah that's kind of like getting a copy of a key without the original in your hand.

Least hassle is a new one month subscription, try to open and export your old tunes, walk away.

Definitely, your old license is quite gone if the iLok is gone. You would have to de-authorize the key, like an apartment building deleting a stolen fob. Then iLok manager would allow the transfer to new key.

It is kind of like "do not copy" - it can or >should not be copied and used unauthorized. I think you may have been arrogant, for the record. Simple situation, you lost the car and key, not just the key, that is a better analogy for your situation.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Haha how was I arrogant?

No worries, all I want to do is possibly re-purchase an ilok and repurchase a license but dont know how to go about buying the license to make that program work again. Trying to get in contact with Avid has proved to be difficult, even if Im willing to buy something off them.

The download of the demo to get my old projects back will work, but was thinking of having a play around on the old gear as its been years before I go spending thousands on upgrades etc. I still have the old interfaces and computer (Id say thats the car in your analogy) , so it still should run....like you say , I just need the "key and immobilizer" ie the ilok and license

Last edited by amateurtool; 06-20-2022 at 12:06 AM. Reason: spelling mistake