View Single Post
Old 06-19-2022, 05:06 PM

Default lost ilok protools 9 using 003 rack trying to recover tunes

Hi I was running an old protools version 9 on my macbook pro years ago but lost the ilok (i think version 2) and was wondering what was involved to get the old program running again to recover old projects. There is obviously no cloud access for that old model.

I contacted ilok and they have said to submit a lost ilok RMA which I can do via their website but what happens then? Do I have to request the license back from AVID for the protools 9 access ? And will I need to purchase a new ilok and whats involved with getting the license back onto the new ilok? How do you even contact AVID for a new license?

I have been drip fed a little information from ilok support (mainly to do with submitting RMA) but I just want to know the entire process before going ahead with everything as I want to know if its even worth it or should I just purchase new protools gear and would my old protools projects run on the new program?

Looking to weigh it all up with costs involved and hassles etc....what would be the best way to go forward?

Thanks