View Single Post
Old 12-29-2022, 10:55 AM

Default Re: Interface for Pro Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kruse View Post
I did a long research some time back about cheap interfaces with 6+ outs that can volume-link all line outs and the 18i20 was the only one of the cheap ones that could do it. Even the smaller scarlets that have 6 line outs can not be linked via the software. So unless there's something new in the 500€ range that Scarlett is the only one that can do it afaik. Anything else is more expensive. The scarlett is as cheap as it will get for 5.1 and linked volume control.

It's tricky to find out as that feature is only ever mentioned when you ding into the manuals thoroughly. That said, I'm not using it myself. I just considered it for a cheap secondary home rig but in the end didn't buy it.

Frank.
Motu Ultralite can do it and has a far better control software/sub mixer than the terrible Scarlett one. Which is terrible. And the MOTU has both better specs and a near-same price.

Have I mentioned it is terrible on the Scarlett... let me do it just one more time: It's terrible. That linking: it's temperamental and suddenly only 2 channels will adjust (it appears to be software based and not loaded into the interface itself into any memory.) The inputs can't be reordered (so you are stuck using the first mic pre if you want to use it for something like Zoom since the CoreAudio implementation is so, so bad. And more...)