View Single Post
Old 12-29-2022, 05:12 AM

Default Re: Interface for Pro Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondschwin View Post
I know a few people with small setups using the Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 for surround work. With their monitor control software you can set up a single volume pot for 6 outputs and there are individual trims to aid in calibration.

Seems to work well enough.
I did a long research some time back about cheap interfaces with 6+ outs that can volume-link all line outs and the 18i20 was the only one of the cheap ones that could do it. Even the smaller scarlets that have 6 line outs can not be linked via the software. So unless there's something new in the 500€ range that Scarlett is the only one that can do it afaik. Anything else is more expensive. The scarlett is as cheap as it will get for 5.1 and linked volume control.

It's tricky to find out as that feature is only ever mentioned when you ding into the manuals thoroughly. That said, I'm not using it myself. I just considered it for a cheap secondary home rig but in the end didn't buy it.

Frank.