View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 07:41 AM

Thumbs down Re: Does anyone have experience with buying an avid customer support ticket?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Crouton View Post
My question is, if I pay them to help me, am I guaranteed a solution that works?
definitely not! I do have support tickets. However, so far I have support cases pending for several weeks, even without automated replies.

as for an exemple, take a look at this case: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=285580

athough several users have reported this problem for over more than half a year now, avid customer support has never given any decent feedback or support on this issue.
On this forum, DTS chimes in only every couple of weeks, not even reading through the posts posted by us, users. Exemple: even if we have mentioned several times that legacy fw-drivers do not solve our problem, DTS would still suggest reverting to the legacy drivers.

A lot of us seem to have paid good money for avid products, only to find out avid support is a shame. To my experience, buying a support ticket will probably leave you with a lot of disappointments and frustrations as chances for a solution to your problem (or even to be heard) are pretty small.

I'm very sorry to report this, unfortunately this happens to be my true experience.