View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Avid

Default Re: Does anyone have experience with buying an avid customer support ticket?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Crouton View Post
I absolutely hate the idea of paying for customer support, but I'm seriously considering buying a support ticket, as this forum as well as various computer help forums have failed to fix the problem I'm having with Pro Tools.

My question is, if I pay them to help me, am I guaranteed a solution that works? How far are they obligated to help me once I buy a support ticket? Also, will my ticket carry across multiple phone calls and emails? This is a problem that has many times appeared to have gone away for several days, so if the fixes they offer end up not working after a couple days, will my support ticket still entitle me to their help? Is there any sort of money back policy if they aren't able to solve my problem?

I just want to know these things because I have no problems paying $42 to resolve this issue once and for all, but I don't want to keep throwing money at the problem only to find that none of the solutions are working. I just want to deal with someone who is obligated to fix my problem, and for whom my problem will be a priority. I'm sick of waiting several days between emails with avids free support in which they offer up useless solutions that I found on their website long ago.

I may have rambled a good bit there, but my pertinent questions reside in the second paragraph. Also, I posted this in the LE windows forum, but just realized that it's not relevant to LE windows specifically.
An Avid Support Code covers an incident/issue, not a single phone call. As far as the 'quality' of the support, our goal is to solve your problem. While there are times where the root cause is beyond our control, nobody wins if we just make excuses or point fingers (and keep your money). We're trying to provide great service at a fair price, so we hope you give us a chance.