View Single Post
Old 12-30-2003, 01:37 PM

Default Midi help needed... still

Instead of up-ing an already cumbersome thread, I thought it would be easier to follow a fresh one. I've gotten some good instructions from Uiop, but I'm still not able to record midi data. So far:

I've attempted to include my devices in the midi devices menu; however, my models weren't listed. The manufacturers were listed, but not the models. So I have 2 devices listed(DR770 drum machine & Yamaha PF1000 keyboard), chords connected in the diagrams, ect.

I have midi in/out & out/in connected from PF1000 to 002 Rack.

I have midi out from 002 Rack to midi in of DR770.

I have midi out from DR770 to midi thru of PF1000.

I have 1/4 cables from outs of PF1000 to ins of 002 Rack.

I've created a midi track, set "in" to port 1 and "out" to port 1, all channels.

I've created an aux track, set in to match the line connection of the keyboard and out to Analog 1-2.

I've record enabled the midi track, but when I attempt to record, I only get a meter response on the aux track, not on the midi track. And no data is recorded to the midi track.

My goal is to record midi data from the PF1000 into Pro Tools, edit the midi data, and finally transfer the midi data to an audio track using a PF1000 voice.

When I get this to work, I'll apply all of your suggestions to recording midi data from the drum machine. Can you tell me what steps I've missed, connections, ect?

Thanks