View Single Post
Old 11-24-2019, 10:25 PM

Default iLok licenses - dongle vs comp authing?

Hey all, I've been kinda out of the loop for a while since I didn't really have a workstation to do anything with, just a lot of expensive renewals haha. So I've got a macbook pro with everything running great again, but I'm finding the iLok dongle not to convenient with all these USB-C ports and extra hubs needed.

The sound card is always going to need to be plugged in, and I'm fine with that, and have a good powered 1-USB 3 in hub there, but the iLok dongle gets ugly fast.

I'm just curious what (or if even) the general consensus is with running the licenses locally the days. I'm going to mostly be running off this machine for some time, but my tower is still very much a thing, I just have nowhere to put it (like we're talking a 12x11' house, all in).

Pro? Cons? Anything to be aware of or worry about? Seems like a good idea, but I'm a touch hesitant, and I know someone here must have some experience with this (if not all of you by now). I realize that a software by software basis might be a thing too.

Cheers!

Last edited by Jakay; 11-24-2019 at 11:04 PM.