View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 12:02 AM

Default Re: iLOK Redesign Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
"The argument that if a program is free for an illegal download then everyone will do it, the facts just dont show that, the people downloading from file sharing sites either cant afford to buy the software, so no one is losing out on a sale, or, wouldnt buy the program even if they had ten million dollars, so again there was no sale lost. The idea that hackers or crackers (no im not refering to white people) are what is driving up software prices is easily debunked. "

This is simply not true.
So because they will steal anyway there should be no protection.
I never heard of any of those places where the cracked software is. You sure seem to know a lot about it.

"Just wait until that little Ilok gets corrupt or shorts out. After that, then you will see how that company is doing Mob style business"

I had one issue since the inception of the iLok and it was resolved fast and painless. Mob style is a serious charge. Give me some examples. Not just some terms of service but mob style practices.

It has made my work much smoother. I am sorry to hear you have had such bad service and criminal style support
Thank you Bender!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
I didnt say they shouldnt protect, this is america and I believe private companies have the right to do what they want as long as they deliver on their products and promises. Let them protect and give you a dongle to house all your licenses, thats great and easy to use. But dont kid yourself. You said yourself you never heard about these sites, so if you havent studied, you wouldnt know how there is not one protection software out there that cannot be beaten. I dont know what you are trying to imply, but just because i know about these sites doesnt mean anything, anymore than you know what a dog is makes you a dog, ever hear of google?

I would like to see your facts that shows I am wrong about how much $ companies lose because of "unfair play" And dont get it from Wikipedia or some special interest group, I want the REAL number, that means the people who say they would steal the software even if they could afford it. I DO NOT SUPPORT ILLEGAL DOWNLADING. EVERYTHING POSTED IS FOR LEARNING PURPOSES ONLY.
People that I mess with doesn't have problems with software nor do they download it. Why, because everyone is a professional and not look like a kid. Benoni, you guys will always complain Digi do this Avid do that, but if you are not paying for the software, that is less labor dollars that they can improve the software. And there is cracked software for Pro audio items, but not as much people have it because of the reasons that I have stated earlier.

Pro Tools 12, Sibelius First 7/Presonus Studio 192/Windows 10 Pro